Thursday, March 29, 2012

13 Sports For The Retired Runner

I can't imagine my life without running.  But I suppose the day may come when I will need to find an alternate way to keep a healthy lifestyle.  It's fun to ponder these things from time to time, isn't it?

So, here are 13 sports that would suit me if I weren't a runner:



1. Mixed Martial Arts
2. Rugby
3. Hockey
4. Football - Running Back
5. Speed Skating
6. Mountain Biking
7. Pole Vault
8. Biathlon
9. Snowboarding
10. Lacrosse
11. The Rings - Gymnastics
12. Ninja Warrior
13. Trapeze

What about you?  Do you have a "back-up" passion?


Thanks to sundero on Flickr for the refreshing picture!

2 comments:

  1. I can't go running anymore (after being a runner for almost 20 years that kind of sucks), so I ride my bicycle instead. If I had the opportunity I'd still be kayaking and swimming, because those are sports I find real fun.

    I'd also love to do just about anything in Martial Arts, but I'm getting old :-) and my body kind of ache just about everywhere. Great backup plans you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annika, sorry to hear you've had to give up running. It's too bad running is so rough on the body. I hear you on the aches and pains! It's so sad to wake up in the morning and be sore in muscles you never realized you had.

    I wish Power Napping was an Olympic sport. I'm sure I could find some corporate sponsors for that event ;-)

    ReplyDelete