Wednesday, December 1, 2010

10 Ways Writing is Like the Rubik's Cube

  1. Everyone thinks they can do it, but few do it really well.
  2. There is more than one way to do it.
  3. It's harder than you originally thought.
  4. It's easier than you originally thought.  (That's right!)
  5. You get a feeling of accomplishment when you finish it.
  6. It doesn't cost a lot to get started.
  7. With practice you can actually become quite fast at it.
  8. The trickiest part can be in the final stages.
  9. You can spend countless hours and feel like you never accomplished anything.
  10. It can become quite addictive.

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I always come back to your blog when I feel the need for a little writing inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keep coming back. I'm glad this blog can be that extra little encouragement to keep you writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Number 10 is scary though. It's like replacing one drug with another. I can't stop either one. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so witty--I love it and am following. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Elisabeth, thank you for your kind words. I'm glad you like it. And welcome to the blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun post! I agree with all of the above. Glad to have found your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kimberly, I'm glad you found it too :-) Welcome and thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog - and love the analogy!
    Inspirational stuff and does strike a chord with me... thanks!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steve, Thank you for your comments, I'm happy you like it.

    Charmaine, Thanks :-)
    Welcome to the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. :D I like the comparisons. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Maureen, thanks for stopping by! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to need to get a Rubik's cube now and keep it on the desk as a reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shannon, welcome to the blog! Anything that keeps you writing is a good thing. Just remember, if your Rubik's Cube ever gets messed up, a screwdriver can be your friend ;-)

      Delete